Bingo Frequently Asked Questions (faqs)
What time does bingo open?
- Barrys opens at least one hour before the posted bingo schedule times.
Where is Barrys located?
- 1860 South Federal Boulevard, Denver Colorado 80219 (at the corner of Jewell and Federal)
What is your phone number?
- 303-935-5522, we also have a progressive hotline at 303-934 -7263 (this phone number is updated twice a week with progressive bingo jackpots.)
What is the age limit?
- Barrys asks that all minors be with an adult. Anyone under 18 must have the adult claim the prize won. Children 10 years or older are allowed to play bingo.
Where do Bingo proceeds go?
- Bingo in the state of Colorado is unique, each session (Bingo occasion) is run by a Charity Organization (they must posess a 501c3 charity license). That Charity then uses the funds to help their organization do good for their community. Please see our Groups/Non-Profits to see who runs Sessions at Barrys Bingo.
How much can a guest win at bingo?
- Now that’s a fun question! Barrys Bingo Players can win a total of $1600 to $2000 guaranteed per Session. The individual games have prizes that range from $100 cash to $1000 cash and the progressive jackpots can reach the “Must Go” limit of $15,000! There is also a pull tab game called Pickles that players can win cash prizes up to $599. Many groups run Specialty games that feature fun additional ways to win during a regular Bingo Session.
What is a “Must Go” Jackpot?
- A “Must Go” Jackpot is when the progressive bingo game has not been won and the Charity Organization running the session is forcing the prize to be won on a particular date or is forced to give the Jackpot away because it has reached the $15,000 cash maximum. Because a “Must Go” is awarded during a specific Session the odds a great due to the fact that Barrys has to limit the crowd to meet fire code.
How much does bingo cost?
- Generally the first pack is around $6.00 and price breaks are given out after the 2nd pack (a bingo pack is a set of papers sold specifically for that session, it includes 6 bingo faces on it per game) Our volunteer groups also have electronic bingo which allows our guests to play more packs than they might be able to play with just playing paper packs. Each volunteer group may have different electronic pricing.
What is electronic Bingo?
- Electronic Bingo plays the same games as paper bingo during the Session. It is an electronic tablet that allows our guest to play more bingo packs while enjoying their time at Barrys. We also offer Power Touch Electronic Bingo that includes a personal TV picture and Solitaire game.
How does progressive bingo work?
- Progressive Bingo is a bingo game that builds in cash value until it is won. The state of Colorado requires a “Must Go” when the Progressive Bingo reaches $15,000. Many sessions will advertise when the “Must Go’s” will take place and some may force the Jackpot to be awarded before the Maximum cash amount is met.
Why are there different progressive amounts?
- Because every Charity Organization is running their own unique jackpot.
Can I buy daubers or blotters at Barrys Bingo?
- Yes, the range in price from .85 cents to $2. Barrys has many unique colors!
Do you accept credit cards?
- No, but there is an ATM machine on site.
Can we write a check?
- Some Charity Organizations accept checks but it is limited to around $20, there is an ATM machine on sight, the Food Court takes cash only.